Welcome to Sandstone Township
Sandstone Township is one of 33 townships in Pine County. It surrounds the city of Sandstone and is divided north to south by the Kettle River. Interstate 35 also runs north to south through the township. State Highway 123 and Highway 61 also bring visitors and residents to the area.
Recently, Sandstone township's clerk began a search to find the organizational date of the township. The information was necessary for communication with the federal and state government. Click the link below to learn the your township.
Sandstone Township Supervisors
Supervisor Gary Hinsch
Term: March 2023 - March 2026
Chair Linda Thomson
Term: March 2021 - March 2024
Supervisor Jon Dorau
Term: March 2022 - March 2025
Sandstone Township Staff
Treasurer Cookie Hansen
Clerk Ailene Croup
- Tom Colsrud
- Gene Kroschel
- Keith Carlson
- Skip Thomson
- John Pitts
- Chris Nathan
- Matt Gebhart
- Maury Peterson
- Don Eaton alt.
- Scott Trenholm
Pine County's Beacon site will provide information about properties in the township.
Pine County, MN website
Planning Committee Members
Sandstone Township Board is looking for two residents of the township who would like to become members of the planning committee.
The committee meets on the second Thursday of the month at the North Pine Government Center.
The committee deals with land use in the township and it's a learn as you go position.
Members are compensated for the meeting and travel to and from the meeting.
For more information, contact Ailene Croup - 320-420-1640, or one of the supervisors listed on this page.
Membership is a 3-year commitment. Alternates are expected to attend all meetings to keep up with current agendas. They are also compensated for the meetings and travel.
Membership is by town board appointment.
Upcoming Sandstone Twp. Events
- Sandstone Township may have a quorum of board members at the Pine County zoning workshop scheduled for 6 p.m., at North Pine Government Center. The couunty will be discussing zoning for development and housing in the township. Residents should attend this meeting.
- Sandstone Township road review is scheduled for April 21, 2023, beginning at 9 p.m. at the Victory Station in Sandstone. and will bring the meeting back to the Victory Station once the review is completed.
- The township will be working on cleanup from the December storm and tree damage. Be cautious when you approach vehicles on the roadside during the cleanup.
- Thursday, Sept. 7, 2023, 7 p.m. regular monthly meeting at North Pine Government Center (NPGC) in Sandstone.
- Thursday, Sept. 7, 2023, 7:10 p.m., second half of Annual Meeting.
- Thursday, Sept. 14, 2023, Planning Committee monthly meeting. If there is no business, the committee will not meet.
District 11 B Representative
Nathan Nelson was elected Representative for District 11B which represents Pine and Kanabec County. His contact information:
Rep. Nathan Nelson (R) District !!B
393 State Office Building
St. Paul, MN 55155
Monthly Sandstone Township Board meetings are held the first Thursday of the month, 7 p.m., at North Pine Government Center (NPGC) 1610 Hwy. 23 N., Sandstone, MN 55072. The bulletin board is outside Sandstone Twp. town hall 55044 Poplar Road where notices are posted. They may also be found posted at the Victory Station.
The Sandstone Township Planning Committee meets on the second Thursday of the month, 7 p.m., at North Pine Government Center.
Sandstone Township's email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 564
Sandstone, MN 55072
Assessment and property value tips from the Minnesota Department of Revenue
Phone Assessor Lorri Houtsma
Your appeals can also be brought, by appointment, to the Pine County Board of Equalization.
For an appointment call 320-591-1670.